Tuesday, January 2, 2018

New year, new 52 weeks/52 ancestors challenge

For the fourth year in a row, many in the genealogical community are participating in the 52 Weeks, 52 Ancestors challenge.  https://www.amyjohnsoncrow.com/52-ancestors-in-52-weeks/  I participated the first year the challenge was instituted in 2014, but I was only able to keep up with the posts until week 20 that year, so I'm taking up the challenge again in 2018. In the four years that have passed, my father's paternal aunt Tomasa, as well as several cousins on my dad's side, have passed away. We lost two of my paternal family's Frank's this year: Frank M Quinteros & Francisco Aguirre. My mother's maternal family lost a cousin & her husband within a couple of weeks of each other. I had visited them over the years from time to time, but they are all gone to the great beyond now. To quote a popular film, they exist now only in my (& others') memory. Such is the purpose of genealogy: to remember those who have gone before.

No comments:

Post a Comment