Friday, January 26, 2018

52 Ancestors 2018 Challenge #4 Invite to Dinner

Man, where to start! There are so many ancestors that I would love to invite to dinner if it were possible to do so. Certainly all of my brick wall ancestors like John Young Houston, Hugh McCoy, Newton LeGrande Turnipseed, Benjamin Green, etc. My dad's relatives from Mexico would be on the list as well as my paternal grandmother Beulah Mae Houston Kaufman whom I miss greatly & who has been gone 32 years now this month. I had a dream once many years ago. I was in the process of getting my temple endowments (I'm LDS btw for those who don't know) at the time & I dreamed that I was at a gigantic picnic in a huge meadow. It was a beautiful sunny summer day (minus the heat & insects of course!). Around me were all these relatives I had never met, but as I was talking to this one & that one, they would tell me their names & I would say "yes, I remember hearing about you", "yes, I have longed to meet you". Over & over, each one would tell me in this dream that they were aware of the family history work I was doing & they were proud of me because they knew they had not been forgotten. That very vivid (at the time) dream has stayed with me. Maybe that dream of years ago was the product of an overactive imagination or verification that our ancestors watch over us from beyond the veil & are aware of things on this side as the Church teaches. I won't know until my time on Earth is done, but I do know that I was called to be one of the record keepers in my family. The number one person I would want to see at dinner would be my grandmother, but if such a thing were possible as to invite all these relatives I have longed to meet to dinner, how could I choose just one? I'd want to invite them all to ask them all the questions about their lives that I have yearned to have the answers to all these years.

No comments:

Post a Comment